Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
After another record breaking event season the Chamber Events department is now taking a bit of a break for the next couple weeks to plan and prepare for the 2014-15 event season that will definitely surprise and delight Chamber members no matter what your business focus is.
Here are some of this past year’s Event season highlights:
• Hosted a record 87 events and educational sessions
• New and expanded Manulife Chamber Academy
• Hosted Leaders from the 3 main Provincial Parties
• Hosted Candidate Forums for the 3 ridings in our area
• Record high Business Excellence Awards Gala attendance (878 guests)
• Hosted CEO of Home Hardware, Paul Straus
• Hosted CEO of Stantec, Bob Gomes
• Refreshed the 100 Mile Feast with brand new theme
• Increased average attendance for Home Hardware Business After 5 events to 175+
• Increased average Second Foundation Chamber Young Professionals attendance to 90+
• Introduced the Chamber Webinar Series
• And of course, hosted Prime Minister Stephen Harper in April
We visited a lot of wonderful event spaces that were gracious hosts and worked with countless speakers to bring the best networking and educational experiences to our members. Thank you to each and every person who came out to an event where it was a Peer2Peer or our Gala.
Without question, we wouldn’t have been able to provide such amazing series of events if it were not for our generous and dedicated sponsors. Thank you to all those businesses who have helped make our events possible.
Stay tuned to our Event Calendar as we start to add new events over the next month. You will notice we already have 3 events there including a special event at the Grand River Raceway, the annual Chamber Golf Scramble, and the 8th Annual Inspiring Women Event.
Hope to see you out at an upcoming event!