Chamber Accelerator Mentorship Program
The Chamber Accelerator Mentorship Program (CAMP) is a mentorship-based program designed to help established SME’s in non-tech industries set and achieve new goals and accelerate their businesses. With the guidance of 9 experienced and reputable mentors, up to 7 local businesses will develop milestone-driven action plans for their specific needs and challenges, and meet with mentors bi-weekly for 6 months to learn, connect, and achieve their goals.
Interviews with Our Mentors:
Interview with Brian Bazely from Driverseat
Interview with Gary Brown from Future State of Affairs
Interview with Linda Dancey from Grand River Personnel
Interviews with Our PARTICIPANTS:
An interview with Rebecca Hempey from The Delivery Guys Inc.
An interview with Adam Smith from My IT Guy
I enjoyed sharing and getting to know other business owners,
hearing their struggles and successes; getting perspective.
I can now distinguish between working in my business versus, working on my business.
It makes me take the time to think about a number of things
in my business that could use some attention.
This program infused excitement back into my business!
- Up to 7 participating businesses, 9 mentors
- 6 month program (September to February)
- Creation of milestone-driven action plans
- Bi-weekly tasks to work toward goals
- Bi-weekly mentor-taught sessions
- 1-on1 mentoring from 9 experienced and successful professionals
- Participation in Chamber Academy (~1/month)
$1000 up front- once the program is successfully completed participants receive $500 money-back and 50% off their next year’s Chamber membership
Areas of Focus
- Strategy & innovation
- Marketing & social media maximization
- Sales & revenue growth
- Hiring & retaining employees
- Labor & employment
- Finance & funding
- IT & Cyber Protection
- Real estate
- Attend 1 classroom-style session every other week (approx 2 hours each)
- Complete weekly tasks as requested by the session mentor
- Arrange 1 hour of mentor meetings bi-weekly
- Attend Chamber Academy events (~1 per month)
1) Must be a GKWCC member with a business operating in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Woolwich Township area
2) Must have been in business for at least 5 years
3) Must be in a non-tech industry
Program Outcomes for Participant
- Access to experienced professionals with a wide range of expertise to help your business overcome a current challenge or help accelerate your successful business even further
- One-on-one time with mentors in the following areas of expertise: sales, marketing, HR, finance, legal, real estate, business development
- Achievement of personalized goals and milestones
- Unique mentorship opportunity and peer-to-peer group discussions
- Opportunity for continuous learning through participation in the Chamber Academy
For any questions about the program please contact: