Job Posting: Marketing Coordinator, Events & Partnerships
- April 27th, 2022
Marketing Coordinator, Events & Partnerships
As one of the largest Chambers of Commerce in Canada, the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce supports businesses in their growth and success, which helps to build a stable and flourishing economy in Waterloo Region and beyond. A strong business community means a strong overall community. Are you interested in helping us to strengthen the community?
As part of the Chamber’s marketing team, the Marketing Coordinator supports the Chamber’s strategic goals through planning, executing, and tracking the marketing activities. As a new or recent grad, you will be responsible for the Chamber’s online presence through social media and communication channels to support events, partnerships and special projects, as well as sales.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Gain a variety of marketing experience while working with a small team
- Network and connect with the local business community
- Work with a community-based not-for-profit organization
You will be responsible for:
- Creating content to promote Chamber events and programs through social media platforms and the Chamber newsletter
- Writing and planning blogs to promote upcoming events & programs
- Working alongside the Events team to support the Chamber’s events programming (including creating wrap up reports following events & programs)
- Attending Chamber events to provide live coverage on social platforms
- Providing sponsors and partners with marketing plans to help promote events & programs
- Acknowledging/thanking sponsors and partners on social media before, during, and after events
- Managing external advertising, including overseeing contracts, seeking advertising opportunities, and posting on external community listings to promote Chamber events
- Creating analytic reports for advertising campaigns and the Chamber website
- Updating the website regularly with video content, digital programs, events, logos, etc.
- Supporting the Chamber with press releases/media coverage
- Uploading Chamber publications (Advocate magazine and Annual Business Directory) to the Chamber site and promoting them as required
- Engaging with members online, including acknowledging new members and recognizing anniversaries
- Supporting Member Retention program tasks, including phone calls to members on a monthly basis
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Proficiency in using social media dashboard (i.e. Hootsuite, TweetDeck)
- Experience using Constant Contact or MailChimp email marketing platforms
- Experience with the fundamentals of inbound marketing
- An interest in supporting the business community
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and ownership of responsibilities
- Graphic design experience (Canva experience considered an asset)
- Understanding of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- Access to reliable transportation to attend in-person events in Waterloo Region
- Full time hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Compensation: $35,000/year plus health benefits and RRSP matching
- Hybrid work environment: in this role, you will split your time between working at the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce office (located at 80 Queen St. N., Kitchener, ON.) and working from home. The location of work may change due to GKWCC needs and/or pandemic protocols.
- Parking provided when working in the office
Please send your resume and cover letter to Allison Mitchell, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Friday May 13, 2022.
The Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce believes that everyone is free to be their true self and receive the same respect and opportunity, regardless of ethnicity, gender, culture, identity, sexual orientation, age, beliefs, language, or disability. We have an inclusive work environment that is a safe and welcoming space for all and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.
About the Greater Kitchener-Waterloo Chamber of Commerce:
The Greater Kitchener-Waterloo Chamber of Commerce (GKWCC) is dedicated to providing strong, continued service to over 1,700 members in one of Canada’s marquee pioneering and entrepreneurial business communities. For the past 136 years, dating back to the Chamber’s founding as the Berlin Board of Trade, we have expanded into one of the largest and more innovative Chambers in Canada by focusing on the needs of all our members, big and small. The GKWCC is one of the largest chambers of commerce on Canada. For more information, please visit https://greaterkwchamber.com/.