There are several ways that businesses can support the response to COVID-19. Please see below for options locally, provincially, and nationally.
- Communitech Waterloo Region PPE Drive – Communitech is collecting PPE for health care workers in Waterloo Region.
- Ontario Together – The provincial government launched the Ontario Together Fund to support businesses to retool or adopt the technological changes needed to produce supplies and equipment for the health care sector. More information about applying for funding, as well as submitting innovations and ideas can be found on the Ontario Together site.
- Manufacturing Medical Equipment – The Government of Canada is looking for Canadian manufacturers or businesses that can assist Canada in meeting the need for medical supplies, your help is needed. More information can be found on the website.
- COVID-19 Supplier Purchasing Program – The Government of Canada is seeking to purchase products to support frontline workers. If your company can support the COVID-19 response, please visit the Buy & Sell site for more information.
- Next Generation Manufacturing Canada (NGen)– $50 million in Supercluster funding was announced to support companies as they rapidly respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by building a Canadian supply of essential equipment, products, and therapeutics.
- NRC IRAP – NRC IRAP is collaborating with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada‘s (ISED) Innovative Solutions Canada (ISC) program to post challenges seeking near-to-market solutions from small and medium-sized businesses (i.e., fewer than 500 staff) that require financial support to refine and sell their product or solution to meet a COVID‑19-related need.
- The Pandemic Response Challenge Program – This program brings together the best Canadian and international researchers to fast‑track research and development (R&D) aimed at specific COVID-19gaps and challenges identified by Canada’s health experts. Teams from government, universities, and Canadian business are being assembled to accelerate the development of diagnostics tools and medical countermeasures for a rapid front-line response to protect and treat Canadians affected by the pandemic.