Prepare for the Next Level of Business
The Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) is an innovative initiative, designed to accelerate the strategic development of your business and to better prepare you for expansion into international markets. TAP is a one-stop-shop that will get businesses ready to go global in just a few sessions, culminating with a customized strategic export business plan carefully vetted by top industry experts!
Our newly developed learning platform, specifically built around practical tips and practices for international selling, further confirms TAP as the benchmark program for entrepreneurs interested in exporting.
Grow With the Right Tools
We will connect your business with top industry experts, provide you with the necessary coaching needed to build a personalized export strategy, and equip you with the tools and resources to find success as you grow your business.
- Highly interactive and hands-on approach using case studies, workshops, and team negotiations
- Direct mentorship and highly personalized coaching by industry experts on a one-to-one-basis
- Expertly curated content from both the public and private sector on our newly developed learning platform
- High level peer-to-peer interaction, collaboration, and learning
- Connections with key contacts locally and abroad
Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber hosted the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) for the first time in September of 2019 and was the second-largest cohort in the history of the TAP program. We hosted the region’s second cohort in February 2021 and the third cohort specifically for technology companies in November 2021.
The November 2022 multi-sector cohort will be delivered virtually and in person over four weeks, concluding with a mentoring session.
Day 1 (Virtual): November 10, 2022
Day 2 & 3 (In-person): November 15 & 16, 2022
Day 4 (Virtual): November 25, 2022
Mentoring Days (Virtual): January 16 & 17, 2023
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply to the Trade Accelerator Program in one of the two ways: Direct application or partner nomination. All applications are reviewed by the TAP team to ensure the program is a good fit and allows participants to maximize its benefits. Applicants are considered on program criteria and assessed on merits.
Thanks to the generous support of our partners, members can now enroll in the program for $995 plus HST and non-members can participate for $1495 plus HST, instead of the original cost of $5,000 per company.
The companies being sought for TAP-Kitchener Waterloo should meet the following guidelines:
- Your business is exporting a product, service, or technology, but wish to diversify your export market or have taken exploratory steps to develop your business abroad
- Your business generates more than $500,000 in annual revenue
- Your business has been operating for at least two years
- Your business has a strong value proposition
- Your business is willing to dedicate two senior representatives to participate in all stages of the program
Please contact Racheal Mulenga with inquiries at RMulenga@greaterkwchamber.com, 226-338-5681, or fill out the form below. Racheal will guide you further with the application process. The TAP team will review your application, and you will be notified of the decision within 3-5 business days of the application being received. Limited spaces available.