The Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce is proud to host KW’s second Trade Accelerator Program (TAP), in collaboration with the Toronto Region Board of Trade and the World Trade Centre Toronto.
Prepare for the Next Level of Business
The Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) is an innovative initiative, designed to accelerate the strategic development of your business and to better prepare you for expansion into international markets. TAP is a one-stop-shop that will get businesses ready to go global in just a few sessions, culminating with a customized strategic export business plan carefully vetted by top industry experts!
Our newly developed learning platform, specifically built around practical tips and practices for international selling, further confirms TAP as the benchmark program for entrepreneurs interested in exporting.
Grow With the Right Tools
We will connect your business with top industry experts, provide you with the necessary coaching needed to build a personalized export strategy, and equip you with the tools and resources to find success as you grow your business.
- Highly interactive and hands-on approach using case studies, workshops, and team negotiations
- Direct mentorship and highly personalized coaching by industry experts on a one-to-one-basis
- Expertly curated content from both the public and private sector on our newly developed learning platform
- High level peer-to-peer interaction, collaboration, and learning
- Connections with key contacts locally and abroad
Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber hosted the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) for the first time in September of 2019, and was the second largest cohort in the history of the TAP program.
The upcoming 2021 cohort runs over the course of 8 half day sessions.
- February 9th
- February 10th
- February 17th
- February 18th
- February 24th
- March 1st
- March 3rd
- April 6th-9th
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply to the Trade Accelerator Program in one of the two ways: Direct application or partner nomination. All applications are reviewed by the TAP team to ensure the program is a good fit and allows participants to maximize its benefits. Applicants are considered on program criteria and assessed on merits.
Thanks to the generous support of our partners, we can offer your company a participation fee of $495 for the program instead of the original cost of $5000 per company.
The companies being sought for TAP-Kitchener Waterloo should meet the following guidelines:
- Generates more than $500,000 in annual revenue
- Has been operating for at least 2 years and receiving revenue for its product, service or technology
- Is already exporting a product, service or technology, but wishes to diversify its export markets or has taken exploratory steps to expand into new markets
- Has a product, service or technology with a strong competitive advantage as a result of quality or patent protection
- Is located anywhere in Ontario (not limited to the Kitchener Waterloo Area)
- Is willing to dedicate two senior representatives to participate in the program and apply its resources
Companies that meet the profile are welcome to apply directly to the program by submitting the following electronic application form below. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of the decision within 3-5 business days of the application being received. If accepted into the program. you will receive an invoice via email.
Limited spaces available. Please contact Saba Shafiq with inquiries at 519-576-5000 ext. 6034, firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.