The Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce is proud to host KW’s first Trade Accelerator Program (TAP), facilitated by the Toronto Region Board of Trade and the World Trade Centre Toronto. This dynamic, hands-on workshop is geared to provide companies with access to Canada’s top exporting advisors, resources and contacts, giving them the training and support they need to become successful international traders in their specific business sector.
TAP graduates report an average growth of 42% in export sales one year after participation, and more than 85% of participants have entered new markets since completing the course. Since its launch in October 2015, TAP has expanded to more than 30 cities across Canada.
The average growth for participating in TAP is approximately a 70% increase in international sales in just 1 year after participation. TAP participants have gotten into markets such as China, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Sweden, US, UAE etc. The program’s goal is that participants are trade-ready to export their goods internationally.
Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber hosted the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) for the first time in September of 2019.
Cohort runs over the course of 7 weeks
- Dates TBA
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply to the Trade Accelerator Program in one of the two ways: Direct application or partner nomination. All applications are reviewed by the TAP team to ensure the program is a good fit and allows participants to maximize its benefits. Applicants are considered on program criteria and assessed on merits.
Thanks to the generous support of our partners, we can offer your company a participation fee of $495 for the program instead of the original cost of $5000 per company.
The companies being sought for TAP-Kitchener Waterloo should meet the following guidelines:
- Generates more than $500,000 in annual revenue
- Has been operating for at least 2 years and receiving revenue for its product, service or technology
- Is already exporting a product, service or technology, but wishes to diversify its export markets or has taken exploratory steps to expand into new markets
- Has a product, service or technology with a strong competitive advantage as a result of quality or patent protection
- Is located anywhere in Ontario (not limited to the Kitchener Waterloo Area)
- Is willing to dedicate two senior representatives to participate in the program and apply its resources
Companies that meet the profile are welcome to apply directly to the program by submitting the following electronic application form below. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of the decision within 3-5 business days of the application being received. If accepted into the program. you will receive an invoice via email.
Limited spaces available. Please contact Saba Shafiq with inquiries at 519-576-5000 ext. 6034 or email@example.com.